In our extended analysis of eBay, we explored some of the unique characteristics of the auction business. Our discussion highlighted qualitative factors that make auctions particularly profitable. But one could also do a more quantitative assessment of eBay’s profitability by looking more closely at its margins.
- Joe Papa Gets Paid(?)
- Buffett's Berkshire Letter for 1989
- Buffett's Berkshire Letter from 1985
- Buffett's Berkshire Letter for 1981
- Buffett's Berkshire Letter for 1983
- Payday for Kingsway
- Buffett's Berkshire Letter for 1992
- Holding Sears
- Reviewing Malcolm Gladwell's Blink
- Pabrai, Position Sizes, and Volatility
- Learn anything useful while here? All tips through Paypal go to the kids' college fund: widemoatinvesting [at] gmail.com Special thanks to all our generous supporters!
- If Buffett is buying $AAPL, has he marked an end? $BRKB widemoatinvesting.wordpress.com 1 month ago
- @PlanMaestro So the bezzle shrinks... 5 months ago
- @OTCAdventures @PhilTimyan Modestly more respectable than Crazy Woman Creek Bancorp? $crzy 5 months ago
- @oddballstocks At least you left an attractive alternative... I get the moats and an intellect satisfied. One hardly deserves more... 6 months ago
- @PlanMaestro $CRM is the worst case though, right? $TWTR, $LNKD, et al. have granted shorts as much sweet sleep as any deserves 10 months ago
This site should not be construed as investment advice, either on behalf of particular stocks or in regard to overall investment strategies. It is a site aimed at understanding competitive advantages and valuing businesses.
The information provided here comes from publicly accessible sources, but errors in these sources and in transcription may occur. Any investment decisions you make should be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
- Actionable Amazon American Express Assessing Management behavioral finance Benjamin Graham Berkshire Hathaway Berkshire Letter Series Berkshire Letters series BMTC Group Bonds Book Reviews Buybacks Cable ONE Charlie Munger Coca Cola ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Craigslist David Dodd David Einhorn DeVry Diversification eBay Francis Chou Gannett Geico General Electric General Motors Goldman Sachs Google Greenlight Capital Harvard Illinois Bancorp Influence Insurance Investing Jeff Raikes Joel Greenblatt Johnson & Johnson Kaplan Kmart Margin of Safety Microsoft MidAmerican Energy Moat Moats Mohnish Pabrai Moody's Nebraska Furniture Mart Newsweek NPV OnlineAuction.com Pairs Trading Paypal position sizes Proctor & Gamble Rational Management Robert Cialdini ROE Sam Walton Seanergy Sears Holdings Security Analysis See's Candies Seth Klarman Skype Stilwell Strayer Target The Dhandho Investor Valuation Wal-mart Warren Buffett Washington Post Wrigley